Monday, January 24, 2011

Step One: Pack


"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears."
Glenn Clark

I am finding "traveling light" is pretty hard. I mean, 50 pounds of suitcase seemed a lot bigger 51 pounds ago. How in the world am I supposed to fit 4 and a half months into one suitcase, a carry-on, and a backpack?
Hopefully Air France is in a good mood tomorrow ... and all their scales break.


In not being able to take a whole lot, I'm learning to take what I really need. What do I truly need to be sustained?

A coat. (It's really cold.)
An Italian-English phrase-book.
Some pictures to remind me that home follows me.
Journal.
An open spirit.

Although I am not allowed as many skirts, scarves, and sticks of charcoal as I'd like, I'm ready to travel light and fast.

I'm ready for my avventura, my adventure, to begin.

2 comments:

  1. love, love, love.
    empty suitcases are good for bring stuff home in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled that you have a blog!! You will now be on my daily log-on. Heard that you are there, have a key to your room and have orientation. Hope 'orientation' is: walk all over the city, draw something, then come back and share it. Viva Florence!

    ReplyDelete